Monday, January 10, 2011

WOMAN : WHY TELL THE WHOLE WORLD YOU’RE HAVING FACIAL TREATMENT

Last Saturday I was in a salon with my barber for my hair cut. I was with other beauty salon for many years but decided to change with my present salon due to its fast service. I was having a good time reading a newspaper and at the same time having my hair cut when a middle-aged woman enter the salon and announced loudly to the whole world why she was there.

Woman : I need facial treatment because I am attending a wedding function later in the day.

Hair stylist : Ooh (she was attending with another customer).

The woman repeat it again when another hair stylist asked her what facial treatment she need.

I read a passage that I want to share with you all why such behaviour of needing attention in what the woman did.

‘The emotionally immature person, however, has low levels of self-esteem and self-confidence and consequently feels insecure; to counter these feelings of insecurity they will spend a large proportion of their lives creating situations in which they become the centre of attention. It may be that the need for attention is inversely proportional to emotional maturity, therefore anyone indulging in attention-seeking behaviours is telling you how emotionally immature they are.’

Later, I saw the woman having her eye-brow plucked.

No comments: