Thursday, April 07, 2011

STUPIDITY DOES HAVE SENSE OF HUMOR

One of my responsibilities is to compile all monthly reports and prepare performance in our department. To be able to finish it before the target date, I need the report from various sections within our department and most of the time I have to remind them to send it on time. One particular staff missed sending one report and called her to send it but she insisted that she had sent it. As I don’t want to argue with her, I copied and paste the format on my email as well as the file attachment thinking that she will make the report on the file attachment. I explained in my email that should there be no report just makes remark as NIL. To my horror and amusement, she edited my email and just wrote NIL.

Staff: Boss, I already edited as below. Thank You.

I just smile to myself as how this young staff simply responded by editing my email as her report. I filled up the report myself and relayed what I encountered to my colleague and sure did he have a good laugh. I did have a good laugh too.

No comments: