Friday, January 11, 2013

Hammock in Vietnam - Tour 1

When we arrived at Tan Son Nhat airport Vietnam, it was noon and after our lunch we were driven to the 
town of Vung Tau. It was a three hours drive (100KM) and along the way I saw many Hammocks .

A hammock is a sling made of fabric, rope, or netting, suspended between two points, used for swinging, sleeping or resting. I was very curious about the number of the hammock or places provided. I concluded that it was a cheap place to sleep for the night for the long distant travelers.



On our way back to the city of Ho Chin Minh my curiosity intensified as both side of the road having hammock. It was few days later of our trip that i asked our tour guide about the hammock.

Me   :   Miss Ha, I am very curious about the many hammock along the road here in Vietnam.

Miss Ha   :   It is the place where motorcyclist who felt tired will stop and rest at those places.

Me   :   I thought it is a place to spend the night. How much does it costs?

Miss Ha   :   It is free of charge but they have to buy drinks or tidbits from the owner.

Me   :   Wow .. Vietnamese really know how to do business!


Some of the hammock sold at one of the Island on My tho Mekong Delta. A very colorful and beautiful hammock of Vietnam.


We were at the honey rearing and was given a short briefing as well as honey testing and saw this old man (above) swinging on a hammock on my way to the WC (Toilet). All the toilets in Vietnam they called WC which I didn't know until I googled it just now ..LOL. WC - Water closets.

As the old man was not looking at me, I took his picture and move in front of him and aimed at him waiting for his reaction. Since he did not gave any indication to be mad, I zoomed in and clicked.






No comments: