Friday, August 30, 2013

DISRUPTED LUNCH APPOINTMENT

I don't know what title to write about this posting but hopefully after completing my story then will try to think of one. Today's post should be about my morning breakfast and later about my lunch date with my ex-colleagues. I should say about food and updates from my friends. Usually I will make a draft about my posting, save it and continue later and post it at night if I manage to complete it then.

Today's breakfast was fish noodle soup. I am cutting down eating noodles and instead takes local cakes, bread and half boiled eggs at one of my favorite restaurant in Donggongon town, a Muslim restaurant. A simple and relaxing atmosphere with a good interaction by the restaurant owner towards its customer and easy to find parking.

Towkay   :   Boss, mau minum apa?

Butizaon  :   Nescafe c panas dan Kon Lau mee, Mee hun.

Towkay   :   Amoi,  Kon Lau mee, Mee hun ... meja 33. (she shouted to the waitress)

Sabah restaurant is indeed very unique in the sense that you can have Soto or Hokkien mee and even roti canai in one restaurant. There are no racial barrier as we can eat in a table whether you are a Muslim, Christian or Budha and Sabah is a truly one Malaysia where it is foreign in other states except Sarawak.

I was reading a very interesting news about a political party where its President was being challenged by his supreme council and where he commented philosophically in metaphor. He said he went fishing on a stormy weather and used a big bait to lure the big fishes.  He was very patience and landed many big fishes and with different kind too. There were rotten fishes and we know it have a foul smell and he asked what do you do with fishes with foul smell.

I guess you have to throw out the rotten fishes.

Minutes later my food arrived but not that was ordered.

Butizaon   :   Bukan kah sia minta Kon lau isi ikan ... mee hun?

As the waiter was taking back the soup noodle to changed to what I ordered, I stopped her.

Butizaon   :   Tidak apa lah sia makan saja ini.

Waiter   :   Buli tukar bha ... (yalah tu, tukar santut lah .... lol)

As if I am not hungry and suffer a few minutes to wait for the noodle soup to be prepared. This is a daily occurrences in a restaurant where they took the order through their memory instead of jotting down as was done in an established restaurant.

............................................................................................................................................

I was home when I called a friend regarding our lunch date as I had promised to call today after the cancellation of the lunch last week. I had promised them for a lunch after asking them a favor to locate a very important letter addressed to my previous address that was my previous office address.

Butizaon   :   So how was your office Hari Raya party yesterday?

Dora  :   It was so great. There were so many dishes and it was really in a hari raya mood. Doremon made second round helping, once during lunch time and later in the late afternoon. We did 'take away' also as there were still a lot of food left.

Butizaon   :   So what about the promised lunch appointment today, is it still on?

Dora   :   Yeah it is still on. Doremon is also coming and we shall meet around 12.00 noon.

Butizaon   :   Ok, you can ask Mdm Tini to come also.

Doremon also called me to confirmed the lunch appointment and they were on the way to another unit for they were called there. I told him that it must be another Hari raya party and he said that would not be.

.............................................................................................................................................

Buzz .... buzz .... buzz ....

Butizaon   :   Hello .... so it is a hari raya party again?

Doremon   :   Yeah ... they called us to come here not informing us about the party. So can we postpone our lunch appointment to next Monday?

Butizaon   :   It is okay otherwise you 'rugi' (loss) ... lol

Doremon   :  Sorry yeah, next Monday lah.

Butizaon   :  Ok.

So since our lunch appointment was postponed and hope that Doremon would not be on leave on Monday as he likes to take off day every Monday. I don't know why but he worked on Saturday and Sunday and maybe he needed a rest day too.

I drove to town to buy my 'takeaway' food of fried fish, squid and long bean for my lunch as my schedule was disrupted of the postponement. I ate at home and completed my posting and hope you enjoy it.



I nearly forgot to mention about the sweet in the picture called white rabbit. It was very popular during the time when I was growing up. I saw it sold at Servay supermarket in Penampang and bought a packet for old time sake. The taste and sweetness of it is still the same but not to consume it like before when we were growing up. Gone are those days.

No comments: