Monday, September 02, 2013

MEETING FRIENDS FOR LUNCH

There was a time when you remember a very enjoyable time with some friends during outing previously and thought of doing it again with them. Since retiring, scheduling my time is not much of a problem as I could arrange it on the spot. I called a friend who I had not met about two years ago whether he has the the time to a meeting like before.

Butizaon   :   Hello, how are you?

Ned   :   I am fine thank you. How are you?

Butizaon   :  I am also fine. Are you free? Care to join me for a drink, it's on me.

Ned   :   It would be nice but I am not in Kota Kinabalu right now. I am in Keningau visiting my grandmother.

Butizaon   :   Oh ... I see. Give me a call when you are in Kota Kinabalu. See you then, bye.

Ned   :   Sure will call you but maybe after Hari raya as there would be many open house invitation. Bye.

..........................................................................................

As I was writing this posting a call came from Doremon asking about the lunch appointment which was postponed last week to today. I deliberately didn't call them and let them decide what time and when they are free.

Doremon   :   Hello, so our lunch appointment is on today?

Butizaon   :   You people make the call as to suit your time. I follow of what you decided cos I am free all the time. I thought you are on leave today that is why I didn't call.

Doremon   :   How to go on leave if somebody is treating us lunch today. There should be four us coming for the lunch but Mdm Tini not feeling well so only three of us are coming. We will be waiting for you at the guard house at 12.00 pm as we are going with you.

Butizaon   :  Okay.

....................................................................................................

Incoming SMS message :

Long   :   Are you in KK?

Butizaon   :   Still in KK ... got appointment.

Long   :   Got time for lunch?

Butizaon   :   Intended to call you to join us but we are having non-halal food for lunch. Sorry, tomorrow okay?

Long   :  Okay.

.....................................................................................................

After fetching them we went to the Chub's Grill @Karamunsing Capital which is strictly non-halal that was why I didn't invite my Muslim friend for the lunch. I and a friend asked for the BBQ pork rib and another the BBQ chicken thigh. The pork meat was really tender and juicy but mine was very late to be served as there was communication breakdown between the staff of the restaurant. They had finished eating their food when mine came. If it was not our noisy discussion and entertaining antic of my friends which made my waiting time for my food not felt too bad. I just made a sarcastic remark of cancelling the food within 5 minutes if it was not served.




It was my enjoyable time with my friends and although I am not working with them anymore but the antic me and Doremon gang up together was still there to get our friends amused and on the receiving end most of the time. Doremon had suggested for a get together like going for a Karaoke and I supported him and just message me if they gonna arrange one.

Looking forward for the lunch tomorrow with Along.

.................................................................................................

It was after hari raya that my friend Ned called me back. I thought that after the one month of hari raya only then I'd be expecting his call but he did call earlier than expected. We would be having Japanese cuisines that he misses so much. We went to City Mall where there are two Japanese restaurant called Sushi King on the first floor and Hana Japanese restaurant at the ground floor. The favorite place that I usually go was the Hana restaurant.

I would ordered the main course first and while waiting for the food, we had already eaten 6 to 7 plates that was circling on the conveyor. The prices per plates ranging from 5-8 ringgit but mostly we selected the most expensive as it it was also the tastiest like the Octopus, jelly fish, salmon and clamps. It would come up to minimum RM100 for two person. Japanese food are expensive although we could get most of the seafood here but I think they import all their seafood from Japan. Once in a while it's affordable especially when the government decided to give us the government bonus.

After lunch we went to complex Karamunsing as my friend wanted to change his power saver which was faulty and luckily it was on warranty so he was getting a new one for replacement.

We decided for a karaoke at the KK Box and after not visiting that place for so long I found the sound system was really bad especially the bass as though the room was going to collapse. The song selection was still the same without additional new songs. We finished our karaoke session at 6.00 pm and we did quite well singing mostly oldies and local songs.

Reached home at half past 7.00 pm due to the traffic jam.




No comments: