Sunday, September 28, 2008

DO MEN WEAR PERFUMES?

That's an interesting question isn't it? Do men like fragrances, and would they like to be given a perfume as a gift? Most men, I think it's true to say, like fragrances, or perfumes, worn by their women. But would they like to wear a perfume themselves?

A lot of men do wear perfumes now, even if they're not aware of it. What is an aftershave for example, but a perfume with another name? It's just a masculine perfume, or smell. Aftershave is a convenient way for men to wear perfume without actually wearing perfume.

I wear a male perfume from time to time, and like it. I don’t wear it all the time; I choose my moments, like going for a party and I prefer soft or mild smell perfume but effective. I will never wear a strong-smelled perfumes cos it will loose the sensory function on many people’s nose. I remembered one occasion when a friend wear a strong smelled perfume and mix with his body odour proved to be too much for me. I drove a bit faster than normal just to reach his destination. I was too happy to drop him to his destination with great relieved to my tortured nostril.


Perfume automatically calls women to mind. However, 46 percent of women and 49 percent of men over the age of 15 in cities use perfume, according to a Target Group Index (TGI) that I read. Therefore, there is no distinction between men and women when it comes to being well groomed, especially in these days of describing people as sophisticated and sometimes abnormal to the eye.

What’s the price of perfumes you ever bought?
Ever since I wear perfumes, I’ve bought different types of perfumes and the price differs. Initially when I started wearing perfumes, I used perfumes in the region of more than one hundred ringgit of the price but now I did buy more than two hundred ringgit as though as if the price was normal. Once you’re addicted to the fine smell, the price is secondary. After all if you wear it occasionally, then it is worth it.

Presently wear Chic, Calvin Klien and 212 perfumes. I don't stick to a single brand of perfume as what I look for in a perfume is its pleasant scent.

Is the trend going up?

Men are clearly more comfortable wearing fragrance and more willing to spend on it. The majority of men today wear fragrance mainly to please themselves. And the research shows nine out of 10 men who wear fragrance choose and buy it themselves, a significant change from 10 years ago when men were influenced and reliant on women to make this decision.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First-rate goods from you, man. I've identify with your stuff previous to then you are simply extremely fabulous . I in fact enjoy what you have produced here, certainly like what you're writing plus the manner in which you reveal it. You make it fun as highly as you still worry for to keep it clever. I can't wait to read a good deal more from you. This is thoroughly a excellent website.

As a final note , allow me thank you for your tolerance with my English as (I am positive you have become aware this at this moment ,), English is not my initial language as a result I am using Google Translate to shape out how to note down what I truly mean to voice.