Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Oh My Big Toe Nail


Yesterday I went for a Pedicure at Donggongon town after enduring pain on my toe nail. I had shared my complaint of the pain to my friend who advice me to have a manicure. I looked for the small manicure stall early in the morning and luckily for me there was no customer.



A manicure is a cosmetic beauty treatment for the fingernails and hands. A manicure treatment is not only a treatment for the natural nails, but also for the hands. A manicure consists of filing, shaping of the free edge, treatments, massage of the hands and the application polish.

A pedicure is a way to improve the appearance of the feet and the nails. It provides a similar service to a manicure. The word pedicure refers to superficial cosmetic treatment of the feet and toenails. A pedicure can help prevent nail diseases and nail disorders.

Pedicures are not just limited to nails; usually dead skin cells on the bottom of feet are rubbed off using a rough stone called a pumice stone. Additionally, leg care below the knee became a common and now expected service included in pedicures. Leg care includes depilation via either shaving or waxing followed by granular exfoliation, application of moisturizing creams, and a brief leg massage.


Now I know that what I did yesterday was a treatment of my feet and nails called pedicure of which I thought was manicure.


Who said that only woman can have manicure or pedicure?. I had my first pedicure many years ago out of curiousity when my niece who owns a saloon introduced me to it. I went for the pedicure not because of me becoming 'sissy' but to get rid of the pain on my big toe nail. The pain is much unbearable when putting on shoes and sometimes when you accidently kicked unto something.


I was seated facing the pedicurist and told her the pain I was enduring the past few days and be gentle when cutting it. The pain was so great that the pedicurist keep on telling me sorry. She told me that the nail was deep in my flesh and should be removed otherwise I will be in a lot of pain. It was a relief when it was removed. Just imagine a needle poked repeatedly on your toes as what I endure during the treatment of my toe nails.






I was once told by a friend of how a Singaporean who visited Sabah was in pain on his toe nail but was relieved after been introduced to a manicurist. He gave a big tip to the manucurist after removal of the toe nail.


So any guys out there who has trouble with your toe nail are advisable to look for a pedicurist. Do not do it yourself as sometimes when we have a big tummy, it is difficult to reach your toe nail to cut it.




No comments: